We have been upstairs now for just on two months. Here are some of the highlights and lowlights of the move.
- The move was a lot harder than what I thought it would be. The eternal optimist in me thought it would take a day. It took a week before we were at home. It took me even longer to get used to the new setting as far as leg assessments were concerned. I was used to all my equipment being on my right hand side and now it is on my left. It took a while for my brain to adjust, however I am living proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks.
- I am sure that some people have walked past our previous location and have missed the fact that we have moved upstairs.
- We had a customer lug his bike up the stairs to bring it in for a bike service. There is a lift to the left of the stairs.
- Being upstairs is really cool. We can see what is happening outside.
- We have cut down on foot traffic but at the same time have been busier than ever in that everyone who comes upstairs is here for a purpose.
- We have designed the space to have distinct areas. We have a dedicated bike service area, a well-organized store room to keep running shoes, a spacious treatment/assessment room that I work out of, an admin area, a retail area and an office for our dietician.
- My area is just perfect. I have got a dedicated bike setup area, the treadmill is now in my room as opposed to being in the shop area as we had down stairs, and a place for massage/myofascial release. My area is also quiet and peaceful.
- The upstairs area has a far more professional feel.
- We are still at Sunninghill Village. The center has plenty of parking and has excellent security.
- We still stock essentials for swimming, cycling and running but have reduced stock levels to items that are really necessary. In the past we made all sorts of mistakes in ordering. I guess we believed too many sales reps who insisted that their product was selling like a hot cake only to discover that we had the same product on the shelves 5 years later.
- We redesigned our logo and are really happy with the outcome. The letters were sharpened and the logo itself now points upwards which is hopefully what will happen to the speeds that you train at if we can help improve your experience while swimming, cycling and/or running.
Look forward to seeing you soon,