I have been coaching swimmers for the last 9 years with great success. Swimmers have gone on to compete in open water events such the Midmar mile, Midmar 8 Mile club, Sabrina Love Swim, and all the various triathlon distance swims including 1/2 and full Ironman.
Points to note:
- A lot of time is spent practicing free style, as that is the most efficient stroke for open water events.
I don’t use flippers, as open water swimming is more about learning to use your upper body effectively.
I am able to meet you at Wahoo Aquatic Centre. www.wahoo.co.za – You need to open a membership account with Wahoo or you can buy a day pass. Wahoo runs one of the best pools in the Gauteng area.
- Costs. Please click on the pricing page for details. I am happy to look after 2 people per session, so you can share costs that way.
Wahoo gets very busy in the afternoons, and so we can only do weekday mornings.
– You need to be able to swim before joining as this is not a ‘learn to swim’ program.
– You need to bring a pair of hand paddles along.
– Wahoo has kick boards and pool buoys, and so you do not have to buy these.
Swimming is all about efficiency. You can’t fight with water and expect to win. Grace and efficiency beat strength.
I absolutely love swimming and recently became the 33rd person in the history of Midmar to have swum 5 x 8 Mile Club events.