There are two ways of buying sporting goods. Firstly, go to a store where no one knows your name and buy whatever looks right. Secondly, you can go to a shop where people care, constantly study the sport and really strive to match an athlete with the correct equipment. We strive to be the second type of shop. There is a common perception that the larger stores are cheaper than the smaller specialized shops. This perception is often wrong. In order for the smaller, specialised shops to stay open, they have to be more competitive than larger stores who have massive advertising budgets.
When buying from us you are buying into a relationship. We will do our best to see that you get onto the right bike, with the best bike fit around. We do the same with running shoes, tri gear etc. There is always coffee on the go for people who end up in the shop for leg assessments and bike fits. Sunninghill Village is one of the most secure shopping centers around, with cameras and security guards looking out for your welfare.
What makes us unique –
- We sell fresh running shoes. Our shoes are all less than one year old, unless marked down. Older shoes can lead to an injury.
- We take our time selling shoes. Bring your old shoes in and be prepared to pop onto our treadmill. We have equipment that will measure your pronation and will always take an injury history.
- We offer the now famous, “Runners Leg Assessment”. This consists of a number of measurements including Q angle, injury advice and gait analysis. http://sbrsport.me/2012/09/15/runners-leg-assessment/
- We sell bikes, and we love the bikes we sell. Our bikes sell from about 5k upwards.
- We are always happy to talk bikes.
- We do bike setups. These consist of a number of observations similar to the ones that we do during our leg assessment. We then set the bike up in a way that suits you best. This will help you cycle injury free and with max power. We developed our own computer software to help us with the process. We have also written our own book on bike setup. http://sbrsport.me/2012/12/07/bike-setup-pointers/
- We service bikes in the shop. We don’t whisk them away to some secret destination. All our bikes are owner tested.
We sell all you need for a successful swim, bike and/or run. We cater for some really serious athletes, but we also welcome weekend warriors and those looking to start out on a life style change.
We also have a massage program. This has been developed as part of our commitment to keep athletes injury free as they train. http://sbrsport.me/2014/02/28/sport-massage-at-sbr-sport/
Have a look around the rest of the blog. It will give you an idea of what makes us so different. We look forward to seeing you soon.