Material used: Aluminium Hydroform
Front Shock RockShox Recon Gold – 100 mm travel with lockout turnkey & 15 mm skewer.
Rear Shock RockShox Monarch.
Shifters Shimano Deore
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore 3×10 speed system.
Brakes Shimano Deore Hydraulic brakes.
Wheels WTB Speed Disk wheel set
Tyres Continental X-King 29er.
Cost RRP is R 20 899.00 (South Africa)
What makes the bike so good?
- The head angle is set at 71 degrees. This gives you the perfect mix between aggression and comfort.
- A number of bikes in that price range save money by putting on sub-standard wheel sets. Felt have not gone that route. The WTB wheels are light and strong at the same time.
- The bike relies on the rocker system for the rear shock. The system is firm without compromising comfort. The rocker system has also proved itself to be amazingly reliable. Felt have called this system FAST which stands for Felt Active Stay Technology.
- Felts new range of seats are comfortable. I have been on one for the past few months and have had no issues.
- The bike has been stiffened at the front with both a 15mm front skewer and well thought out head tube.
- It comes with Continental X King tyres. These tyres sit in between Conti Mountain and Conti Race kings. In other words, you get phenomenal grip and speed. The side walls are strong on the tyres thus massively reducing your chance of side wall tears.
- The bike looks so nice. I am a fan of acid green and so I realise that there is a bit of personal bias in this.
- It’s a Felt and it’s a 29er.