I spend a fair portion of my day doing myofascia relase. The word, ‘Myo’ means muscle and the word, ‘Fascia’ speaks of the tissue that surrounds the muscle. Releasing both together can have a profound effect in injury recovery and rebalancing a body.
1. Why massage?
Athletes put their bodies under immense stresses. Massage was developed to keep the body working efficiently and to aid in working out certain injuries. A massage can help in the following:
– to get your body ready and relaxed for an upcoming race.
– remove areas of tension that result from training.
– recover more quickly after races.
– help the body cope with stress and trauma.
– help rebalance the body
– improve immune system functioning
– reduce headaches
– by targeting specific areas you can accelerate injury recovery.
2.How often should I get one?
Your average weekend warrior who also trains a couple of times during the week, would do well to get a massage at least once every 6 weeks.
More serious athletes should look at a massage every second week.
People with injuries should go more often.
The key word here is consistency.
- How much does this cost?
Please go to the pricing list for details.
- How do I book?
Give us a call on 011 024 2969 – times are versatile.
I am certified in sports massage, deep tissue work and cranial – sacral therapy.